It used to be that an HIV positive diagnosis meant you were uninsurable. Times have changed and Manulife Financial is leading the charge. If you have been diagnosed as HIV positive you can now be considered for life insurance coverage up to two million dollars.
The underwriting criteria can include, but is not limited to:
- You must be between the ages of 30 and 65.
- You must disclose in your application that you are HIV positive.
- You must have been compliant with antiretroviral therapy for at least 5 consecutive years.
- You must be working with a medical specialist.
- The viral load must have been undetectable for the last 2 years and current CD4 count ≥350.
- You must test negative for Hepatitis B & C and have had no history of Hepatitis.
- No viral resistance to treatment
- No history of IV drug use or other substance abuse
- No history of coronary artery disease, diabetes, or cancer
- No AIDS defining illness
If you meet the criteria above, you can be considered for a medically underwritten life insurance policy. If not, there are non-medically underwritten guaranteed issue options for you. To learn more about how you can get life insurance coverage as an HIV positive individual, get in touch with us today.
Would you like more information on the medical underwriting requirements for life insurance for individuals who are HIV positive?